41. Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) commissioned evaluations of a suite of part- European Regional Development Funded projects.
- Academic, further and higher educational institutions,
Business support, enterprise & productivity,
Digital, innovation & technology,
Place making, property & transport
Kada was commissioned to evaluate a business support scheme and two major new investments in research facilities in the heart of Sheffield City Region’s (SCR) Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District in the Lower Don Valley:
- Sheffield Innovation Programme – a regional initiative delivered by SHU and the University of Sheffield which aims to stimulate business growth and promote the development of long-term relationships with SMEs by providing access to a broad range of academic expertise and university facilities. The support is in the form of bespoke research and innovation-based consultancy, workshops, and other events.
- The National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering (NCEFE), serving companies including SMEs in the manufacturing, engineering, and food sectors, with a focus on promoting opportunities to SMEs in the SCR. The project will deliver research and development activities and includes food industry standard production space for collaborative R&D purposes and flexible production lines able to accommodate a range of equipment and production processes.
- The Emerging Technologies Hub within the Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (AWRC) which aims to be a world-renowned centre for research and innovation into physical activity. The Centre is funded from a £14m investment from the UK’s Department of Health and Social Care and the ERDF. The Emerging Technologies Hub is based in the AWRC and is a national focal point for health focused innovation developments. The Hub provides a co-location incubator space for researchers, SME’s, investors, and service users. All users collaborate with the aim of developing market leading medical devices and health applications.
Kada worked with us to carry out a summative assessment of the Sheffield Innovation Programme. They designed and delivered a comprehensive evaluation in an entirely professional manner, ensuring full compliance with ERDF guidelines. Their detailed analysis and report provided valuable insight on programme performance from different stakeholder perspectives, with a clear set of recommendations for the follow-on project.
Ian Henderson (Project Manager – Sheffield Innovation Programme).
Get in touch: If you are thinking about an evaluation of a project or programme you are involved with, speak to firstname.lastname@example.org and he will respond within 24 hours.