Kada Research was commissioned by Worcestershire County Council (WCC) in association with the Worcestershire Agri Working Group1* to undertake an independent research study to fully understand (a) the size and nature of the agricultural, horticultural, and agri tech sectors in Worcestershire and (b) the investment opportunities and challenges for the sectors in supporting the Worcestershire economy. This micro site hosts the key reports.
- Report 1 assesses the scale and opportunity that agriculture and horticulture and its sub-sectors offer.
- Report 2A provides a case study compendium with twelve high-profile businesses that exemplify what the sector in Worcestershire has got to offer.
- Report 2B includes primary research with 68 local businesses (a survey) and 12 stakeholders (interviews), and a set of impactful measures to enhance the competitiveness and productivity of the sector and its supply chain.
- The summary draws upon reports 1 and 2b and provides an understanding of the sector’s scale and opportunities and how it can best be supported (opportunities and tangible actions).
* Comprised of a group of individuals, organisations, businesses, and farmers formed to promote the interests of the agricultural and horticultural sector in Worcestershire. It includes amongst others local authorities, the National Farmer’s Union, the Local Enterprise Partnership, and the University of Warwickshire.